Skip to main content

Aftermath | Creative Nonfiction

I thought it all…





I thought of declaring you from everywhere and completely…

I thought of choosing aggression over stillness…

I thought of restricting every possible way of your accessibility to me…

I thought that you will think about what went wrong and it will make questions pop into your head…

You will think of it once,

And you will think it twice,

And you are going to think it thrice,

And then…


You may never think about it again. 


Never again until in 7 months when you come across one of our group photos together

You will wonder what went wrong, and you will think: maybe she couldn’t make peace with the idea, 

You will think it again in 10 months and realize: she was weaker than the feeling, and the impact of every time she sees me…

I may be an over-thinker, but everything falls just in place, 

My overthinking makes my things go just right,

Every decision I take based on my overthinking will be a part of who am I choosing to be,

And I'm tired, by feeling every ache extra today,

It may have crawled into my head, 

And into my heart, 

That made you crawl into the feelings too, 

You should have never come back, and you should have never entered the picture if you were never willing to stay.


But it kills me with the familiarity of you,
me knowing you,
and how you were never lustful, 

It kills me that I misread you,

It kills me I have poured so much into your pot,

It devoured all of my accumulated emotions with a smile, and vanished in the void, 

Now I’m searching for my soul in the nothingness, 

The heaviness hits from time to another, and nothing changes except my ups and downs,

You’re still so still, and looks like you always knew,


But my naiveness never did,


You were smiling but I was laughing,

You were looking but I was drowning, 

I misread and maybe for the first time, 

Lingering to memories I can’t even remember, but thought I digested,

How lost am I?
Who am I talking to? 

Why did I walk home with a stranger? 

Not the distractions again, 

You can’t be the distraction from, after you were the distraction itself,

Is it you or is it me?


Popular posts from this blog

مرحلة إنتقالية - قصة قصيرة

وكأن "چيه" لم تكن تعلم أن اتخاذ قرار التقديم على العمل في واحدة من أكبر الشركات العالمية سيكون بمثابة منعطف كارثي على أكثر من مستوى في حياتها، وأن ثمن الخسارة المعنوية والمهنية لا يضاهي العائد المادي والذي .بلا شك أكبر من أي مبالغ اعتادت على امتلاكها طيلة حياتها الانتقال من المألوف لما هو جديد كان يبدو مريحًا إلى حد ما، ليس لكونه سهلا أو معتادا ولكن لأن چيه شعرت بالحرية الكافية لإلغاء أي قرارات غير جديرة بالشكل الكافي والرجوع إلى نقطة البداية لأن التجربة لا تتشابه مع أحلامها على أية حال، وأي شخص غير مرغوب فيه ما هو إلا جزء من قصة لا ننتمي نحن إليها. ويبدأ الصراع على المناصب المتاحة للوافدين الجدد يشتد مما ينُشَّط الرغبة لديها على الظهور من وسط المجموعة وحالة من غريزة البقاء بين عالم الأرقام تبدأ في الركل. إحساس النجاح والتقدم لم يجعل الرجوع إلى نقطة البداية بنفس السهولة بعد الآن، فالآن أصبحنا مرئيين، معروفين وسط الجماعة ولامعين بشكل كبير، بل في عيون الفتيات أكثر من الرجال، تماما مثلما يعجب چيه، وعلى الرغم من سقوطها منهارة إثر مكالمة حادة في أحد الأيام، وتملكها حالة من الذعر ف...

World Cup 7/7 Egypt 7:00 PM - Bilingual Article

Captain Hossam Hassan, the Egyptian national team coach, spoke about the genocide in Gaza, and the very next day Egypt experienced what many people described as some of the most controversial refereeing decisions in World Cup history.   Coincidence? I don't think so, however, everyone is free to answer that question differently. Apart from the match result, history will remember the day Egypt raised the Palestinian flag at the World Cup. Regardless of opinions surrounding the tournament, that moment has already become part of the memory of many supporters. Some people insist that everything surrounding the match was completely fair and that any claim of controversy is nothing more than falling for propaganda.  According to that view, believing there was robbery in the officiating simply reflects a victim mentality that assumes Arabs are always subjected to discrimination or racism.   They argue that the Egypt vs. Argentina match was refereed fairly, and they support that ...

ماذر مونستر تصنع التاريخ: ليدي جاجا

.نُ نُ صّ هذا المقال في الأصل كمساهمة مقترحة لمجلة «معازف»، وهو غير منشور سابقًا "إذا لم يكن لديك ظلال..فأنت لا تقف في الضوء" هكذا أشارت ليدي جاجا لمحبيها حول العالم، محفزة على قبول الذات والتصديق بأن الثغرات جزء من النجاح. بدت الحائزة على الأوسكار ذات الثلاثة وثلاثون عامًا وكأنها تألقت فقط بسبب البطولة في واحدة من أفضل الأفلام الرومانسية الموسيقية، وليس بسبب جوانب شخصيتها وحياتها منذ بداية ظهورها في عام 2008. لذا يبدو أن هناك حاجة ماسة لربط النقاط التي توضح أن ليدي جاجا ليست مجرد مغنية أو ممثلة أو أيقونة موضة، فهي أكثر من ذلك بكثير، فهي من هي كإنسان. ستيفاني جوان أنجلينا جيرمانوتا هو إسمها الحقيقي، بدأت في عزف الجيتار وهي في الرابعة من عمرها وكتبت "دولار بيلز"، وكان ذهابها إلى مدرسة سيكرد هارت بنيوورك قد شهد بدايات تعرضها التنمر والعديد من المضايقات نظرا لخروج أزيائها عن المألوف وعدم مجيئها من عائلة أرستقراطية مقارنة بزملائها مما تسبب لها في الإحراج عدة مرات وإن قامت بالتركيز على الغناء حينها ومحاولة تخطي الأمر، فبعد ذهابها إلى مدرسة تيش للفنون بنيويورك لدراسة المو...